5/24/2004

Also, a garden update. K crashed with me for the evening and I put her to work the next morning clearing the next 6 ft or so of the backyard border. I'll move my succulents over there, I think it's warmer and they'll be happier, along with anything else (like the garlic this fall) that doens't want to be too wet. Transplanted the brussel sprouts -- I checked the label and they are dwarf short-season, which means I have plenty of time to start some more from now til July. 'Fall frost' around here is somewhere around December 1. Also planted some blue lake beans to climb up my sunflower plant, and started a few in a container as well. Pulled a radish I'd left in the ground to get bigger, only to discover a squishy slug-like-thing chomping away at it. The first female flower on the zucchini vine bloomed yesterday. A bunch of thin, long, tiny crawlies wandering around inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home