6/25/2004

this is what i've been listening to: radio paradise i'm addicted. last night was dinner at my cousin's house (cooked by my aunt) for my birthday -- like all of my relatives on my dad's side of the family, she is a fabulous cook. luckily my soon-to-be-cousin-in-law (who drools over this blog -- hi naomi!) wrote down the menu so i don't have to make up translations: twice-cooked bitter melon with spicy ground pork smoked chinese ham hock with napa cabbage and garlic dried tofu with bean sprouts, wood ear mushroom, and bell peppers fatty pork with stewed daikon pan fried ong choy times like this, i am really, really, really thrilled that i am chinese. only in the past few years have i really understood that i ate really fucking well in my childhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home