2/16/2005

Dinner last night I've been on this chicken cooking kick lately. I don't think I've written about it here yet. Last night was Chicken Episode 4 (the previous being: Whole Roasted Chicken with Veggies, Beer Can Chicken, Oven-Fried Chicken). Episode 4 was Gothamist's Tarragon Roasted Chicken. Being a weeknight, I omitted the potatoes. I sort of followed the directions -- I used about 10x the amount of tarragon because I wasn't paying attention. At the end of the recipe, I used pomagranate juice instead of cider to make a sauce, which was quite sweet and delicious. And I cooked my spinach in a little olive oil/garlic/anchovy/red pepper flake mix, because I've been fantasizing about anchovies for the past few nights. It was damn good. For dessert, we were going to eat the cantaloupe chunks that were meant for our oyster picnic on Sunday. But then I started fantasizing about prosciutto-wrapped cantaloupes and stopped paying attention to what A. was saying so we had to walk down to the supermarket and buy some prosciutto and olive oil. Yeah, that was damn good too. This is the life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home