3/11/2004

new plantings Today I planted: 8 carrots (Nutri-Red, which I read on the packet says are carrots for cooking. what the hell is that? i want to eat my fresh carrots raw.) 9 leaf radishes a scattering of alyssum around this cute stone frog we found in the weeds And inside I started jalapenos, marigolds, and spearmint. So far there's not much action. The garlic is sprouting (but I started it from already-sprouty cloves). I'm worried about my seeds already! Shouldn't the radishes be super quick to sprout? I don't have enough patience for this. I threw some more stuff atop the compost and hosed it down. Hopefully I'll feel some heat tomorrow. Last night I made a red snapper dish, using a recipe for stuffed flounder rolls in Sundays at Moosewood. It turned out quite delicious and surprisingly filling (a good thing as the fish cost me $14!), and I toasted the rest of the whole wheat tortillas I had on hand to crunch along. My biggest regular expenses seem to be cereal and milk. This feels wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home